Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Black and White Abstract...kinda.


Filigree
Acrylic on 36" x 48" wooden panel

ORIGINAL 2017

Available

This painting can be purchased directly from me, contact: elizabethchapman@artlover.com

Also, if interested this one can be purchased as a print from Fine Art America: HERE


This painting was a work in progress for many, many months. It was one that I picked up to paint from time to time, ( about 6 months in the making!) unlike the majority of my paintings. It was an experiment in working with a different support. I purchased several large wooden cradle boards from a local business. The surface was gessoed to begin. It was different working on wood rather than a canvas. I believe that is why I would leave it for a time as it just wasn't my comfort zone. Something different. 

I did not begin with a plan for a black and white painting, it just worked out that way. Because I work with so much color, black and white is always a challenge for me as I feel as if my hands have been tied. With this one the black and whites went in towards the last. I am really happy with the results!



No comments: