Sunday, June 11, 2017

Modern Expressionistic Abstract Painting "Ingress" by Elizabeth Chapman


Ingress
Acrylic on 30" x 40" canvas

SOLD!


I am happy to have sold this painting to a local business where it will hang to be enjoyed by it's clients.  Over the past years I have had a few places in town that have asked me to hang. I really don't mind as it gets my inventory out from my studio storage (freeing space for more paintings!) and the public is given the opportunity to enjoy the paintings.  This particular painting was one of a group that was hanging at The Specific Source in Springfield, Mo.

I got to know Dr. Nathan because of a dog that I have that hurt his back (nerve damage) leaving him without usage of his back legs. I had been working with and trying some different things when some one told me about this chiropractor that was willing and liked to help animals.  I began taking Monty in (before the regular clientele arrived)  to get his back adjusted and during this time I was asked if I would hang some of my paintings in their business. Of course.  One year later, I went to pick up my paintings in order to give another artist the opportunity to hang there.  Dr. Nathan just couldn't seem to let this one go. SOLD!!

It is so very special to me when I sell a painting in my hometown of Springfield, Mo.

As for, Monty he does from time to time have partial use of his back legs. It can be said that they are better than they were a year ago, but still it has been an ever so slow process. I am still holding out hope that he will walk again. Patience.

No comments: