Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Modern Abstract Painting "Urbane" by Elizabeth Chapman


Urbane
Acrylic on 40" x 40" canvas

ORIGINAL 2017

Available

To purchase directly from me and/or for more information email: elizabethchapman@artlover.com

Prints are also now available from my website: HERE

SOLD



"Just keep taking chances and having fun." Garth Brooks


Being a creative is all about taking chances and having fun along the way.  I really don't know any other way there is to be original than being willing to be yourself.  To let go.  Remember the song from just a few years ago...'let it go, let it go'   Definitely easier said than done. I was reminded of this while painting this morning. It seems like the painting really begins to take on a life of it's own once I let go of all expectations and that includes my own as well.  The crossing over where the creative mind takes over and it feels like your on autopilot. Taking chances and having fun are happening right before your eyes.  Oh sure, there are always negative thoughts to be dealt with. I have found that most usually when I get to thinking that things aren't going so well, what an ugly painting this is is usually when it is actually working out pretty good. Step back, get away and come back before deciding. You might just surprise yourself! I do.


have fun...and enjoy! elizabeth











No comments: