Saturday, October 21, 2017

MODERN ABSTRACT PAINTING "Xylan" by Elizabeth Chapman


Xylan
Acrylic on 48" x 48" canvas

SOLD

To purchase and/or for more information email me: elizabethchapmanart@gmail.com


More abstracts can be seen: HERE


From "Where Art Lives, Color My Palette Interview": 

Question: What is your first memory of art?

Answer:  There are two that come to my mind, both at around the age four. The first one is of standing by my mother's easel painting on a small canvas with oil paints. She still has that painting! It's your typical little house, with a tree next to it on grass. The colors are interesting as the whole sky area was painted orange rather than blue. The memory that stands out the most though, is probably because I got in trouble for it. My parents had friends over one night and they brought their kids over to play. I took the kids and showed them how to draw. The only problem was that I was drawing on my mother's oil paintings with crayons. I wasn't trying to be mean, nor did I mean any harm I just really thought that it was OK! Well, as you can imagine it wasn't!

No comments: